In a long-overdue episode, Epicenter Bitcoin finally had the chance to dive into one of the most known but poorly understood cryptocurrency / blockchain project: Ripple.
Reviled by many in the Bitcoin space, Epicenter Bitcoin put aside any prejudices and sat down for a fascinating conversation with Ripple Labs CTO Stefan Thomas.
Epicenter Bitcoin talked about his early days in the Bitcoin space, how Ripple came about, what the Ripple network looks like today and how its consensus protocol works.
Topics covered included:
– Stefan Thomas’ early experiences in the Bitcoin space
– How Ripple was created
– The problem Ripple is trying to solve
– How the Ripple consensus algorithm works
– Whether Ripple is decentralized or not
– What the correspondent banking system is and how Ripple wants to disrupt it
– The recent FinCen fine and what it means for Ripple
Ripple Labs CTO Stefan Thomas (1h)
Sometimes YouTube blocks content in various countries because of legal reasons. If the video is not working, please send us a note and we will substitute the link by another source provider if available.
Links mentioned in this episode:
– Ripple http://bit.ly/1hgMTaV
– Ripple Labs http://bit.ly/1Msvnfe
– Ripple Labs Fined $700,000 by FinCen http://bit.ly/1WwHyMx
– Richard Gendal Brown: The Deep Insight at Ripple’s Cores http://bit.ly/1UMG7YC
– Peter Todd Ripple Protocol Consensus Algorithm Review http://bit.ly/1hgN0U0
– Ripple Consensus Protocol Whitepaper http://bit.ly/1HQ4202
Enabling the world to move value like it moves information today.
Ripple provides global financial settlement solutions to enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, instantly and with certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
Ripple is a venture-backed startup with offices in San Francisco, New York and Sydney. As an industry advocate for the Internet of Value, Ripple sits on the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force Steering Committee and co-chairs the W3C’s Web Payments Working Group.
Sources: ripple.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn
Photos / Videos: Ripple Labs
All articles about RippleLabs
Epicenter Bitcoin is a show about the technologies, projects and startups driving the cryptocurrency revolution.
Sources: epicenterbitcoin.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Google+
Photos / Videos: Epicenter Bitcoin
All articles about EpicenterBitcoin